Thursday, April 17, 2014

Confetti Cake Protein Pancakes



Hello there my Lovelies!

Despite the snow we had yesterday, Spring is here! and unfortunately my bikini body is not.... Yes, yes I did complete Jamie Eason's Live Fit challenge on bodybuilding.com and right now I am in the best shape of my LIFE but I still have this layer of blubber on my tummy that is melting at a glacial pace. So I keep on carb cycling and hitting the gym. I am crossing my fingers to have somewhat of a flat stomach for June but I haven't had a flat stomach since 6th grade so we will see if that happens!

Anywho, in order to keep my diet in check I made a new recipe for protein pancakes- Confetti cake protein pancakes. Now, if that doesn't sound downright delicious to you then I think you need to get your noggin inspected. Did I mention these are super healthy, packed with 26 grams of protein and only 20 grams of healthy carbs.

In this recipe I used Cellucor's new Confetti Cake Batter whey protein which is pretty good by itself in a protein shake but really puts these pancakes over the edge in delciousness.  If you don't have confetti cake batter protein you can just use vanilla and add some rainbow sprinkles. But if you can get your hands on the cake batter protein I would highly recommend using it. 


 Isn't it pretty? I love the colors!

Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe or my Vanilla and Blueberry Protein Pancake recipe or I guess any protein pancake recipe. Happy lifting!

-Tori 



Confetti Cake Protein Pancakes 
Makes 2 large pancakes or 3 small pancakes.  
1 heaping scoop of Cellucor Confetti Cake Batter whey protein
1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup finely shredded organic coconut
1/8 tsp salt
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 large egg
1/2 cup light almond milk 
4 drops liquid stevia
Rainbow sprinkles (optional)

In a medium sized bowl, whisk together protein powder, oats, coconut, salt, baking powder and baking soda.  Create a well in the center of the mixture and crack in the egg, add the Stevia and almond milk.  Begin whisking  just the wet ingredients at first and then mix both wet and dry together.  Heat a non-stick skillet on low/medium heat and coat pan with butter or cooking spray.  Pour in batter and cook until bubbles form and pop in the center of the pancake. Sprinkle on the rainbow sprinkles.  Flip and cook for one or two more minutes.  Serve with some maple syrup, honey and more rainbow sprinkles. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment